Suffering from chronic sinus symptoms? Start an immediate discussion about your symptoms and treatment options HERE.
How bad are your sinus symptoms? Screen your symptoms and schedule an appointment HERE.
Today’s Indiana Sinus Forecast – IndianaSinusCenters.com
The Sinus Health Index will be in the GOOD range across Indiana Today.
- WEATHER Temps will be in the low 50’s out the door this morning and rise into the mid 60’s today. We will see patchy clouds this morning that will turn into a more sunny day this afternoon as the weather will remain stable with less rain through the end of the week. This weeks weather pattern should be more stable indicating less triggers in people sensitive to variability in barometer fluctuations!
- AIR QUALITY AQI – Today’s weather pattern is favorable for air quality and pollution. The AQI (air quality index) in all areas of Indiana will be lower than yesterday as we move into the afternoon. The index is currently in the moderate range for Evansville, Ft. Wayne, Hammond-Gary, South Bend, Terre Haute, and Indianapolis. This also includes the counties surrounding Marion County that have seen more pollution recently. AQI’s across Indiana should be safe for most groups with respiratory illness and there are no official recommendations given today’s levels. It is important to be aware of pollution projections in your area as they can correlate with more chance of respiratory symptom triggers including sinus pain and pressure, nasal and sinus drainage and asthma. Note: AQI related symptoms can mimic allergies. Ozone (think pollution), and particulates and chemicals from farming, are general respiratory irritants and can affect all respiratory symptoms including sinus, eye, and asthma complaints
- POLLEN Pollen – The pollen season is now in full force with levels rising into the high to maximum range over the next several days! Right now we are seeing Juniper, Poplar and Maple as the primary pollinators in the region as the spring trees pollinate. The current levels are now rising rapidly into the maximum range as the weather dries out this week. Mold counts will also be increasing throughout the week with the wet weather subsides over the next several days in most areas across the state. At this point you may see worsening symptom triggers and increasing symptoms of drainage, itching, and eye issues as well as more nasal, sinus and respiratory symptoms as the pollen counts hit full force for the Spring.
- SYMPTOMS The Sinus Health Index will be in the good range today and will be variable through most of the week because of the rising pollen counts and shifting air-quality predictors. Some of you may see more symptoms today because of personal sensitivities to air-quality, indoor/outdoor allergens or changes in barometer across the state. Pollen will be an issue with Spring Pollen levels rising. We are seeing more stable weather patterns roll into Indiana through the week which is a positive change from the weekend rain. The barometer is shifting today to a more pleasant pattern also indicating a risk of headache symptoms as we move into tomorrow if changes in barometric pressure are one of your triggers.
- WHAT TO DO If you are having symptoms, seek out indoor activities and stay indoors as much as possible. There are also plenty of over the counter nasal sinus medications that you can try to help your symptoms. If you can take over the counter decongestants safely this may help headaches triggered from the shifting barometer. If those don’t work, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free new patient evaluation if you have chronic sinus symptoms. Just click the link for treatment on this page or on the site homepage. – Dr Bichey & The Staff #sinusitis #indiana #medical #surgeryday #congestionrelief #congested #congestion #bit.ly/indianasinus
Immediate New Patient Consults are Available
If you are a new patient suffering from chronic nasal and sinus symptoms you can start an immediate free consultation with Dr. Bichey by clicking HERE.
Advanced Sinus Treatment Options – When Medications Quit Working
This year’s Indiana Allergy and Sinus Season has come to an end. Unfortunately the typical Indiana Winter can have plenty of triggers from poor air-quality, ozone, road salt, and indoor allergens. For those patients who suffer from allergies or have general inflammation triggered by other environmental exposures like local farming, these fluctuating air-quality issues can play havoc on the sinuses. If the Fall was bad for you this year you may be hitting this Winter with a significant amount of chronic inflammation and chronic symptoms. This chronic inflammation leads to chronic swelling of the nasal mucosa which then triggers chronic sinusitis symptoms and chronic infections. After several months of symptoms the anatomy in the sinus spaces of the nose can begin to permanently change so that medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroid sprays and oral allergy medications no longer offer relief. If you continue to have trouble with your sinuses after the allergy season ends you may have transitioned to having chronic sinusitis.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- facial pain and pressure
- headache pain
- congestion and stuffy nose
- thick, yellow-green nasal discharge
- bad breath
- and pain in the upper teeth
If you have any of these types of chronic symptoms you may be a candidate for an innovative office sinus procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty. It’s a minimally invasive, office based procedure that typically can be performed in 15 minutes. As a Center of Excellence, Dr Bichey has performed thousands of Balloon Sinuplasty procedures safely in the office, offering patients a quick return to normal activity and almost no down-time. View more info and video testimonials HERE.
Indiana Sinus Centers through its partnerships with local hospitals, imaging centers and national training sites is committed to offering the surrounding residents of Indiana the safest, least invasive, and most advanced treatment of chronic sinus conditions. Dr. Bichey is a board certified specialist skilled in the utilization of new techniques such as Balloon Sinuplasty and Low Temperature RF Ablation Technology to bring sinus suffers back to a state of normal health with minimal inconvenience, time off work and recovery.
Start the road to better sinus health and see if you are a candidate for treatment. Dr. Bichey is available for an immediate free consultation by clicking HERE.