Suffering from chronic sinus symptoms? Start an immediate consultation HERE.
Today’s Indiana Sinus Forecast – IndianaSinusCenters.com
The Sinus Health Index is dropping into the FAIR range today for Indiana.
- WEATHER Temps will be be in the mid to high 60’s this morning and rise into the mid 80’s this afternoon. Humidity is rising as are the dew points signaling the return of muggy weather into the afternoon. Storms are here to stay and will be present off and on for most of the week. The rain will come through this morning with dry time later on this afternoon. Look for a return of the storms this evening. The barometer is falling this morning and will continue to fall throughout the day and tomorrow as the storm risks roll in.
- AIR QUALITY For almost all locations across Indiana, the rising humidity, rising dew points and storm changes will cause Ozone levels to move into the moderate range throughout the day. Ft. Wayne and Indianapolis will see the highest levels of ozone today. If you have sinus and respiratory issues you may see increasing symptoms with outdoor activities. Ozone is a general respiratory irritant and can affect all respiratory symptoms including sinus and asthma complaints.
- POLLEN On a bad note, the weather continues to drive rising pollen counts. Pollen counts are rising into the high range with with ragweed, chenopods, and nettle being the predominant pollen producers. We are seeing more of an early fall pollen pattern with ragweed in the air this season and it will likely trigger increasing symptoms of drainage, itching, and eye issues for many individuals who are sensitive including more nasal, sinus and respiratory symptoms as the day moves into the afternoon. Mold is in the moderate range in many parts of the state and should remain in the moderate range tomorrow because of the stable weather pattern.
- SYMPTOMS The Sinus Health Index continues in the FAIR range because of the weather, air-quality and pollen levels. This typically indicates a chance for increasing symptoms. The new ragweed pollen we are seeing may cause an increase in symptoms across the state. Unfortunately, the pollen counts will continue to rise with the weather we are predicting through this evening and into tomorrow morning. You may see more itchy watery eyes, nose or throat symptoms as well as more nasal congestion and asthma triggers in sensitive individuals. Unfortunately the barometer is also falling and may be a significant driver of symptoms today so you may see more headache symptoms if you suffer from that.
- WHAT TO DO If you are having symptoms, seek out air-conditioned locations and stay indoors as much as possible. There are also plenty of over the counter nasal sinus medications that you can try to help your symptoms. If those don’t work, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free new patient evaluation if you have chronic sinus symptoms. Just click the link for treatment on this page or on the site homepage. – Dr Bichey & The Staff #sinusitis #indiana #medical #surgeryday #congestionrelief #congested #congestion #bit.ly/indianasinus
Immediate New Patient Consults are Available
If you are a new patient suffering from chronic nasal and sinus symptoms you can start an immediate free consultation with Dr. Bichey by clicking HERE.
Advanced Sinus Treatment Options – When Medications Quit Working
This year’s Indiana Allergy and Sinus Season is proving to be one of the worst on record. For those patients who suffer from allergies or have general inflammation triggered by other environmental exposures like local farming, the poor air-quality can play havoc on the sinuses. Chronic exposure to air-born pollution, irritants and irritating pollen can then lead to chronic swelling of the nasal mucosa which then triggers chronic sinusitis symptoms and chronic infections. After several months of symptoms the anatomy in the sinus spaces of the nose can begin to permanently change so that medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroid sprays and oral allergy medications no longer offer relief.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- facial pain and pressure
- headache pain
- congestion and stuffy nose
- thick, yellow-green nasal discharge
- bad breath
- and pain in the upper teeth
If you have any of these types of chronic symptoms you may be a candidate for an innovative office sinus procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty. It’s a minimally invasive, office based procedure that typically can be performed in 15 minutes. As a Center of Excellence, Dr Bichey has performed thousands of Balloon Sinuplasty procedures safely in the office, offering patients a quick return to normal activity and almost no down-time. View more info and video testimonials HERE.
Indiana Sinus Centers through its partnerships with local hospitals is committed to offering the surrounding residents with the latest advancements in the treatment of chronic sinus conditions. Dr. Bichey is a board certified specialist skilled in the utilization of new techniques such as Balloon Sinuplasty and Low Temperature RF Ablation Technology to bring sinus suffers back to a state of normal health with minimal inconvenience, time off work and recovery.
Start the road to better sinus health and see if you are a candidate for treatment. Dr. Bichey is available for an immediate free consultation by clicking HERE.