Suffering from chronic sinus symptoms? Start an immediate consultation HERE.
Today’s Indiana Sinus Forecast – IndianaSinusCenters.com
The Sinus Health Index will be transitioning in the Good range for Indiana today.
- WEATHER Temps will be be in the 50’s this morning as you start your day and rise into the mid 60’s this afternoon with a mix of clouds and rain for many parts of the state all day. It should be a cooler day across Indiana with less mugginess compared to yesterday. The barometer is falling indicating some risk of shower chances but projections are for a dry rest of the week. On a bad note, a falling barometer also indicates more chance of sinus headache triggers if you are sensitive to weather changes.
- AIR QUALITY AQI – On a good note the AQI is in the 30’s this morning in many parts of the state and should remain in the good range throughout the afternoon. If you have sinus and respiratory issues you will see less triggers and symptoms because of the stable air-quality across the state. In areas where there is active soybean farming going on you will still see more symptoms. Note: Farming Related Symptoms can mimic allergies as farm dust and ozone are general respiratory irritants and can affect all respiratory symptoms including sinus and asthma complaints.
- POLLEN Pollen and mold counts continue to be in the low-moderate range throughout the region. This is an improvement over recent weeks as pollen counts have been in the high range for much of the season. The 5 day outlook is stable with counts remaining in the low-moderate range at least until the weekend. RAGWEED and Nettle continue to be major players so if you are sensitive you may still see symptom triggers causing increasing symptoms of drainage, itching, and eye issues as well as more nasal, sinus and respiratory symptoms as the day moves into the afternoon.
- SYMPTOMS The Sinus Health Index has remained in the range overnight which indicates that you may see stable issues with your respiratory health. The primary drivers of this trend are the falling barometer and pollen. Pollen counts are currently stable across the region. We will continue to see low- moderate pollen counts and a ragweed presence that may drive symptoms in sensitive individuals. The ragweed pollen we are seeing appears to be here to stay until we see the first hard frost. There is no rain in the forecast today but the barometer is shifting unfavorably indicating a possibility of more headache symptoms if changes in barometric pressure are one of your triggers.
- WHAT TO DO If you are having symptoms, seek out air-conditioned locations and stay indoors as much as possible. There are also plenty of over the counter nasal sinus medications that you can try to help your symptoms. If those don’t work, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free new patient evaluation if you have chronic sinus symptoms. Just click the link for treatment on this page or on the site homepage. – Dr Bichey & The Staff #sinusitis #indiana #medical #surgeryday #congestionrelief #congested #congestion #bit.ly/indianasinus
Immediate New Patient Consults are Available
If you are a new patient suffering from chronic nasal and sinus symptoms you can start an immediate free consultation with Dr. Bichey by clicking HERE.
Advanced Sinus Treatment Options – When Medications Quit Working
This year’s Indiana Allergy and Sinus Season is proving to be one of the worst on record. For those patients who suffer from allergies or have general inflammation triggered by other environmental exposures like local farming, the poor air-quality can play havoc on the sinuses. Chronic exposure to air-born pollution, irritants and irritating pollen can then lead to chronic swelling of the nasal mucosa which then triggers chronic sinusitis symptoms and chronic infections. After several months of symptoms the anatomy in the sinus spaces of the nose can begin to permanently change so that medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroid sprays and oral allergy medications no longer offer relief.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- facial pain and pressure
- headache pain
- congestion and stuffy nose
- thick, yellow-green nasal discharge
- bad breath
- and pain in the upper teeth
If you have any of these types of chronic symptoms you may be a candidate for an innovative office sinus procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty. It’s a minimally invasive, office based procedure that typically can be performed in 15 minutes. As a Center of Excellence, Dr Bichey has performed thousands of Balloon Sinuplasty procedures safely in the office, offering patients a quick return to normal activity and almost no down-time. View more info and video testimonials HERE.
Indiana Sinus Centers through its partnerships with local hospitals is committed to offering the surrounding residents with the latest advancements in the treatment of chronic sinus conditions. Dr. Bichey is a board certified specialist skilled in the utilization of new techniques such as Balloon Sinuplasty and Low Temperature RF Ablation Technology to bring sinus suffers back to a state of normal health with minimal inconvenience, time off work and recovery.
Start the road to better sinus health and see if you are a candidate for treatment. Dr. Bichey is available for an immediate free consultation by clicking HERE.