Suffering from chronic sinus symptoms? Start an immediate consultation HERE.
Today’s Indiana Sinus Forecast – IndianaSinusCenters.com
The Sinus Health Index is falling in the GOOD range for Indiana today.
- WEATHER Temps will be in the mid 40’s out the door this morning and rise into the mid 50’s this afternoon and evening. Most of you will see rain this morning and a chilly day with plenty of stormy weather into the afternoon and evening. The weather will improve tomorrow and into the weekend with a drying trend. Highs will be near 50 through Sunday. The barometer is falling this morning indicating an increasing chance of sinus headache triggers if you are sensitive to weather changes.
- AIR QUALITY AQI – On a good note today’s weather pattern is promoting a stable AQI again this morning throughout the state and the numbers should remain in the good range throughout the afternoon across the state. The pollution projections indicate a slight increase in afternoon pollution in Indianapolis and Terre Haute only. Everyone else should see less exposure related symptoms across the state today. Unfortunately, there may be more harvest/farming going on near you into the weekend as many farmers are finalizing the harvest season this week with the good weather. This indicates an increased chance for farm-related symptoms into the weekend. Note: Farming Related Symptoms can mimic allergies as farm dust and ozone are general respiratory irritants and can affect all respiratory symptoms including sinus and asthma complaints
- POLLEN Pollen – The pollen season has now ended and counts will remain at zero until Spring! There will be no pollen generated locally until the early spring trees begin to pollinate. Depending on the Winter this will not occur until late February or early March 2021. For many of you that is great news! Mold counts will also be more stable with the dry weather for the next several days in most areas despite the abundant fall leaves on the ground. At this point you should see very little symptom triggers and diminished symptoms of drainage, itching, and eye issues as well as less nasal, sinus and respiratory symptoms as the pollen remains low throughout the week.
- SYMPTOMS The Sinus Health Index will be in the good range today and should remain stable into tomorrow. Some of you may see more symptoms today because of the rain and change in barometer across the state. Pollen should not be an issue until Spring as we are seeing colder weather patterns roll into Indiana this week. The barometer is shifting unfavorably today also indicating a possibility of less headache symptoms today if changes in barometric pressure are one of your triggers.
- WHAT TO DO If you are having symptoms, seek out indoor activities and stay indoors as much as possible. There are also plenty of over the counter nasal sinus medications that you can try to help your symptoms. If you can take over the counter decongestants safely this may help headaches triggered from the shifting barometer. If those don’t work, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free new patient evaluation if you have chronic sinus symptoms. Just click the link for treatment on this page or on the site homepage. – Dr Bichey & The Staff #sinusitis #indiana #medical #surgeryday #congestionrelief #congested #congestion #bit.ly/indianasinus
Immediate New Patient Consults are Available
If you are a new patient suffering from chronic nasal and sinus symptoms you can start an immediate free consultation with Dr. Bichey by clicking HERE.
Advanced Sinus Treatment Options – When Medications Quit Working
This year’s Indiana Allergy and Sinus Season is coming to an end soon. We should see a hard frost in the next several weeks across the region. For those patients who suffer from allergies or have general inflammation triggered by other environmental exposures like local farming, fluctuating air-quality can play havoc on the sinuses. This year’s chronic exposure to air-born pollution, irritants and irritating pollen may then lead to chronic swelling of the nasal mucosa which then triggers chronic sinusitis symptoms and chronic infections. After several months of symptoms the anatomy in the sinus spaces of the nose can begin to permanently change so that medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroid sprays and oral allergy medications no longer offer relief. If you continue to have trouble with your sinuses after the allergy season ends you may have transitioned to having chronic sinusitis.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- facial pain and pressure
- headache pain
- congestion and stuffy nose
- thick, yellow-green nasal discharge
- bad breath
- and pain in the upper teeth
If you have any of these types of chronic symptoms you may be a candidate for an innovative office sinus procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty. It’s a minimally invasive, office based procedure that typically can be performed in 15 minutes. As a Center of Excellence, Dr Bichey has performed thousands of Balloon Sinuplasty procedures safely in the office, offering patients a quick return to normal activity and almost no down-time. View more info and video testimonials HERE.
Indiana Sinus Centers through its partnerships with local hospitals, imaging centers and national training sites is committed to offering the surrounding residents of Indiana the safest, least invasive, and most advanced treatment of chronic sinus conditions. Dr. Bichey is a board certified specialist skilled in the utilization of new techniques such as Balloon Sinuplasty and Low Temperature RF Ablation Technology to bring sinus suffers back to a state of normal health with minimal inconvenience, time off work and recovery.
Start the road to better sinus health and see if you are a candidate for treatment. Dr. Bichey is available for an immediate free consultation by clicking HERE.