You may be advised to start using Xlear Nasal Spray over the course of treatment with Dr. Bichey at Indiana Sinus Centers.
This product is safe for most patients to use along with or instead of nasal saline. It is also used to dissolve steroid or antibiotic therapies if advised by Dr. Bichey.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE WITH CLINDAMYCIN
If you have been advised to use clindamycin topically in the nose you will be given a prescription for clindamycin 300mg capsules to be picked up at your pharmacy. After you receive your prescription please buy a new bottle of Xlear for use in topical antibiotic therapy.
- Unscrew the top of the Xlear bottle
- Take two 300mg clindamycin capsules and empty the contents of the capsules into the bottle of Xlear
- Do not place the capsules unopened in the Xlear bottle as they will not dissolve into solution
- Shake the bottle well after you have placed the powder from two capsules into solution
- Directions – the typical directions for use are two sprays each nostril 3 times a day unless advised differently from Dr. Bichey
- Duration of Use – this will depend on your condition. Please check with Dr. Bichey about how long you should use this product.
Where to buy Xlear:
Xlear is generally available at most major retailers except Walmart. It is also available on Amazon here:
Please contact Indiana Sinus Centers if you have any questions about use of this product.